Postdoctoral and Doctoral Research Positions in Helsinki, Finland
The "Artificial Intelligence and Software Systems" research group, led by Prof. Dr Jussi Rintanen, has a number of position openings for postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. students.
Positions are offered on two tracks, with the possibility of changing between the two.
The basic-research track focuses on research on fundamental topics on A.I., including constraint solving, automated reasoning, and automated planning and decision-making.
The applications track focuses on cutting-edge applications of A.I. technologies, with intelligent software systems and their automated construction as the main objective. The research group is collaborating with a start-up company that commercializes break-through A.I. based software synthesis technology.
We are offering:
We are looking for:
- an exceptional combination of basic and applicative research opportunities
- long-term postdoctoral positions with durations of 1, 2, and 3 years, depending on experience and qualifications
- fully funded Ph.D. student positions, with salary and benefits
- excellent career progression opportunities both on the academic and the commercial track
Helsinki, the capital of Finland, is a regionally leading technology hub with high living standards. It ranks as one of the most livable cities world-wide. Pleasant summers with long sunlight hours are in a dramatic contrast with cold and dark winters perfect for productively focusing on research to create tomorrow's advanced computing technologies.
- research experience in one or more of: constraint programming, state-space search technologies, automated reasoning, automated decision-making
- excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language, with a willingness to acquire practical command of functional programming
- insightful attitude to CS and AI research, with preference for candidates with a deep theoretical understanding, advanced understanding of computing in general, as well as interest in real-world deployment of research outcomes.
Aalto University is the leading technological university in Finland. The computer science department is exceptionally strong also in the European scale, with a research staff of close to 400 and about 45 professors. The official language of Aalto CS is English, with the majority of the research staff coming from outside Finland, both Europe and overseas.
Deadline for applications for the first round of positions September 29, 2018.
For more information contact Jussi.Rintanen@aalto.fi.