Dr. Merja Tornikoski
D.Sc. (Tech.), Senior Scientist, Docent.
Research team leader of AGN research,
Aalto University Metsähovi Radio Observatory, Finland.
Active Galactic Nuclei:
- Radio variability: long term behaviour, statistics,
source populations, radio variability models
- Radio to gamma-ray connection in blazars, gamma-ray emission mechanisms
- Multifrequency studies
- The "blazar sequence"
- Inverted-spectrum / Gigahertz-peaked spectrum sources
- BL Lacertae Objects
Other professional interests
- Continuum observations at mm & submm wavelengths
- Solar radio astronomy
- Satellite astronomy
- Computing techniques, artificial intelligence, statistical data analysis
- Manned spaceflight
- Public outreach and public lectures
My publications in the ADS database.
My LinkedIn profile.
My astronomy hotlist, with lots
of links to my research topics.
| The basic principles of any teaching:
Think, plan, do!
| Mens sana in corpore sano
| Humani nil a me alienum puto!