pyEdit for S60 is a powerful text editor for Symbian S60 phones written in Python. It is supposed to work in 2nd and 3rd edition Symbian phones. Some of the features:
Requirements: Python for S60 v1.4 or later.
- capable of handling multiple documents simultaneously
- search and replace
- possibility to save text using UTF-8, UTF-16, Latin, ISO-8859-1, and ASCII codings
- user definable pre-written sentences
- a file browser
- jumping to the beginning and end of the document/line using joystick
- favorite documents list
- inserting the text of an SMS from the Inbox, Outbox, Draft, or Sent folders.
- sending text document as a text message (SMS)
- sending text document as a multimedia message with an optional attachment (only for 3rd edition)
- sending text document over BlueTooth
- user configurable screen size
- user configurable font, font color, and font size (size has effect only in 3rd edition phones)